Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Mail Out: Glynis Wilson Boultbee, "Belonging", Red Deer , AB, CANADA
Mail Art for an exhibit called "Longing / Belonging"
Artists are invited to submit mail art on the theme of "belonging" for an exhibition at the Harris-Warke Gallery in Red Deer, Alberta in December of 2009. There may be satellite spaces beyond the Harris-Warke Gallery, and all work that fits our guidelines will be shown in one of these exhibit sites.
Art should be postmarked on or before September 23, 2009.
1. The art itself must be no larger than 6" X 6".
2. The Gallery is open to children and children will be invited to participate. Please keep this in mind when creating your piece.
3. Only art submitted by regular post will be accepted. No electronic submissions please.
4. If you wish to receive information about the exhibit (which will be sent in November/December of 2009), include your email address with your submission.
5. Please indicate your first name and the city in Canada or the country in which you live.
Artists who submit pieces and provide their email addresses will receive documentation for the show (including the web site address where they can view images). Please note that we will likely send an attachment as part of this email.
Artists who submit their work agree that their art:
1. will become the permanent property of Arts a la Carte (the group organizing the exhibit);
2. will be used to prompt conversations during Arts a la Carte’s "Belonging Project" and perhaps also photographed or scanned and displayed on the web.
For additional information, go to http://sites.google.com/site/artsalacarterd/
Date limite: Art should be postmarked on or before September 23, 2009.
ADRESSE: Glynis Wilson Boultbee
Belonging Project Coordinator
c/o Red Deer Public Library
Red Deer AB T4N 1T9